Friday, January 1, 2010

January Journal

Each month Nates over at Once Around the Sun posts a little discussion/question/whatever to get us all thinking. This month she posted 2 things to blog about in the Journal....
List 5 fantastic things that happened to you last year, why were they significant to you? List some events that were not so fantastic, did you learn from these events? Are you stronger?

Well we will start with the fantastic....
1. Henry was BORN!!! Yippee...the best moment in my life so far. Henry was born March 14, 2009 at 1:15am. I was induced mid-morning on Friday March 13th but our little Booga Boo didn't want to have to deal with being a Friday the 13th baby so he held on. He was determined he wasn't coming out until he knew there was no way he would be the Friday the 13th baby. So he finally made his arrival on Saturday morning.
2. Henry getting to come home from the NICU. Hearing the words..."would you like to do a sleep-in?" is the most beautiful words we could ever hear. That meant that Henry was going to get to come home. Our Boog spent 1 1/2 weeks in the NICU. That drive home with Henry in the car was the most amazing drive I have ever taken.
3. Taking our trip back to Illinois and Wisconsin was an awesome experience. First of all we drove cross country pretty much and made it safely. We got to introduce Henry to our families. DH and I really go the opportunity to reconnect on that trip as well. We got through the long drive, the challenges and everything that goes a long with a long trip like that.
4. I adore the fact that I get to be a stay at home Mom even though every once in a while I stress about needing to have a job so we have extra money. Though we do just fine the way we are. I love being able to stay at home with Henry and am very thankful for this opportunity. It is so much fun watching him grow and learn.
5. Okay this last one doesn't sound as fantastic but I know that it will be....in December I came to the realization that I have a lot of self-image and self-confidence issues. I am proud that I finally realized I have these issues so that I can find ways to fix/improve them.

Okay now on to the not so fantastic....
1. Being diagnosed with Pre-eclampsia. Having to make twice a week visits to the doctor, having to do lab work constantly, not knowing if our baby or I would be okay. Having to worry each time I went to the doctor that something was going to be wrong. It did make me stronger but more importantly I think it made me realize the importance of having to take care of my body.
2. Henry being born with Pulmonary Hypertension and having to spend 1 1/2 weeks in the NICU. Having to see our baby with all those tubes and stuff was horrible. I am so glad that we have a very happy healthy baby.
3. The horrible experience we have had thus far renting our house out in our hometown. Seriously people have no respect, common sense and have forgotten how to be civilized.

I think I am a much stronger person because of the events good and bad that occurred in 2009. I also firmly believe that DH and I's relationship is a thousand times stronger because of the trials that we faced and all of the good times we shared. I have try to learn something from every experience that life throws my way!

Head over to Once Around the Sun for even more January Journal!

No comments: